Applications for 2023 BGLC Tertiary Education Grant will open May 2023.
The BGLC Tertiary Education Grant provides assistance with tuition fees for full-time undergraduate students enrolled to attend an accredited tertiary Institution in Jamaica.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Jamaican citizen.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on the 4.0 scale.
- Fulltime Undergraduate Student confirmed to attend or currently enrolled at an accredited local tertiary institution.
- Complete the online Application Form and provide supporting documents to substantiate the application.
NOTE: Have your national ID, transcript (dated no earlier than December 21) and your completed essay ready to upload before you start the online application.
- Topic: “Parents play a critical role in guiding children (under 18years) to avoid gambling. Write an essay outlining strategies that parents should employ to protect children under 18 years from the potential harms of underage gambling.”
he Reference must have known the applicant for at least 1 year and may be from any of the following categories:
- Justice of the Peace; Officer of a Government Ministry or Agency (SEG 1 & above)Consular Officer; Attorney-at-law; Member of Parliament; Parish Councillor; Bank Manager (CEO, Branch Manager); Credit Union Manager (CEO, Branch Manger); Clerk of Courts; Marriage Officer; Army Officer (Major & above); Dental Surgeon; Doctor of Medicine; Police Officer (Gazetted Ranks); Veterinarian; Principal (Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Educational Institutions.
Drivers Licence, Passport, or Voters ID
School IDs are not considered to be an official form of national ID
- Entering 1st year:
- Acceptance Letter if entering first year.
- Latest CAPE results.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students:
- Latest available transcript reflecting grades for at least 1 semester prior to your academic year – dated no earlier than December 2021.