Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Betting Gaming & Lotteries Commission’s (BGLC’s) website.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of BGLC’s Website, located at www.BGLC.gov.jm.
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use www.BGLC.gov.jm if you do not agree with all the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refer to you, the person who has logged on to this website and is compliant with the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to the BGLC. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and the BGLC. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of serving the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in accordance with and subject to, prevailing laws of Jamaica. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore have the same meaning.
Unless otherwise stated, BGLC and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on www.BGLC.gov.jm. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You must not:
- Republish material from www.BGLC.gov.jm
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from www.BGLC.gov.jm
- Reproduce, duplicate, or copy material from www.BGLC.gov.jm
- Redistribute content from www.BGLC.gov.jm
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies
- Search engines
- News organizations
- Online directory distributors may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly known consumer and/or business information sources
- dot.com community sites
- associations or other groups representing charities
- online directory distributors
- internet portals
- accounting, law and consulting firms, and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
Organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to BGLC. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name, or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to, or
- By use of any other description of our website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of BGLC’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark licence agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that arise as a result of the content found on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our website, you agree to be bound by and to follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but are not obligated to respond to you directly.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.