Under Section 51(1) of the Betting Gaming & Lotteries Act, any 3 or more persons ordinarily
resident in Jamaica may organize a lottery for the purpose of raising funds for any of the
- Charitable or Educational purpose
- Promotion of Athletic Sports or games or cultural activities
- Promotion of the Welfare of the Community
- Non-refundable application fee of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00)
- Completed application form
- Letter of acceptance/consent from the organization which will profit from the lottery/bingo.
- Evidence of current registration as a charitable organization or service club etc. (for the beneficiary)
- Authorization from the premises owner of the venue for the event granting permission for the bingo to be held there
- Permit from the local police for the staging of the bingo
- Enter into a bond with the Accountant General for payment to him of fifteen percent (15%) of the gross receipts from the lottery, referred to as the duty payable. This bond is evidenced by the duly completed Accountant General Bond Agreement form, signed by the organizers and registered at the Stamp Office.
- Sample of Raffle ticket
- Sample/Mock-up of all advertising material to be used, if any
- Pay to the Accountant General within fourteen (14) days after the lottery has been conducted the duty payable on the lottery evidenced by a statement of account duly verified by a Chartered or Certified or Approved Accountant.